What’s the haps, male or female friend (delete as applicable)? North Of The Borders Episode 3 is right under your ruddy snout and it’s time to talk Austria.
More specifically, it’s time to talk Vienna, what with Louise just coming back from a short break there and all.
This week we also discuss Eli Roth’s 2003 horror film Cabin Fever. Did we like it? Was it utter shit? Find out by listening. I know, I know, the tension is unbearable.
In terms of TV, we’ve also been watching Heroes: Reborn, the long-awaited reboot of the long-cancelled superhero series. But does it live up to the original’s legacy? Find out our thoughts.
Other discussion points this week include:
• Scotland and Canada summed up in three words
• A needlessly long discussion on what foxes sound like when they’re having sex
• Our take on new Daily Show host, Trevor Noah
• The odd forgotten video game genre of music video creators
• Is it worth going to the cinema these days?
• Our favourite albums
• Chris’s take on the Nintendo NX rumours
• Listen to the creepiest children’s show presenter ever
• The hell that is video game tutorial stages
• Chris’s stunning impression of the Heroes soundtrack
• Louise answers a bunch of questions asked by eleven-year-olds
HOW TO LISTEN TO EPISODE 3
You can find the embedded version at the top of this post, or if you’re more of a downloader here’s the direct MP3 file (right-click and Save As).
If you’re more of an iTunes person, you can find us on iTunes here. Please subscribe and review us!
Maybe you don’t have iTunes. Maybe you despise the Apple machine. In that case, may we recommend Pocket Cast, a useful app for Android, iOS and PC? You can find North Of The Borders there with this link.
Finally, if you’d rather use your own podcasting software or app of choice, here’s the feed link to paste in:
• As promised, here’s the photo Louise took of a deer and horse playing the accordion in Vienna:
• Here’s C+C Music Factory’s biggest hit, Gonna Make You Sweat (Everybody Dance Now):
• And here’s a clip of Make My Video: C+C Music Factory on Mega CD:
• Here’s the trailer for Cabin Fever:
• And here’s a promotional ad for Heroes Reborn:
• If you fancy checking out any of our favourite albums, as mentioned this episode, here’s some Amazon links:
Chvrches – The Bones Of What You Believe
Chvrches – Every Open Eye
Rob Zombie – Hellbilly Deluxe
Michael Jackson – HIStory
Wu-Tang Clan – Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Ash – 1977
Spoon – Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga
Spoon – They Want My Soul
Pavement – Brighten The Corners
Super Furry Animals – Songbook: The Singles
Guided By Voices – The Best Of
• While discussing Michael Jackson’s album HIStory, Chris mentions a song Jacko wrote having a go at the district attorney during his child abuse trial. The song is called D.S. and has the chorus “Dom Sheldon is a cold man”. In reality, the district attorney was called Tom Sneddon, which is what it conveniently sounds like when he sings it. Have a listen:
• Finally, if you want to see the entire first episode of Hammy The Hamster and see how dodgy the storyteller is, get stuck in: